2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

will this harmonic dampener/pulley long reach bolt work?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 06:15 PM
cheezefrog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this harmonic dampener/pulley long reach bolt work?

Well....I had a feeling the job was to easy, and now I have ended up here. Replacing a leaky front main oil seal, it was going together great until the install of the pulley...

Working on a 01' Dodge Dakota 4x4 4.7L

Ironically I found out that the threads on the dodges are incredibly recessed back than most crankshaft threads so I cannot use the factory bolt to press the pulley back on.

I have went to almost every auto store in town and tried there loaner tools. None of them work and I think locally is not an option now, from what I can tell I need a long reach installer to be able to press the harmonic balancer on.

Can someone tell me if this CTA tool will do the job? Really looking for a quick easy solution with minimal downtime as it looks like I am going to have to order online for it.

CTA Tools 2249 Long-Reach Harmonic Balancer Pulley Installer - Adjustable Wrenches - Amazon.com CTA Tools 2249 Long-Reach Harmonic Balancer Pulley Installer - Adjustable Wrenches - Amazon.com

It says 06+ Dodge, but I have measured the bolt and it is a 14mm x 1.5pitch

Last edited by cheezefrog; 06-27-2015 at 06:26 PM.

Quick Reply: will this harmonic dampener/pulley long reach bolt work?