2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Cluster Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2015, 10:00 AM
schinnizles
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluster Lights

Hey all, I've done some searching around multiple sights and unfortunately have come up empty with this specific problem: My dash cluster lights have only worked once during the entire 4 months that I've had it and it was very random; I was driving down the road and they flickered on, then after hitting a bump they turned out and came back on when I pulled into my driveway. After turning off my truck, they never came back on. They are aftermarket gauge faces, not done by me. Fuses are fine, in fact when I took out the cluster, I found that the wire responsible for providing power to the lights has been jerry rigged to one of the fuses on the side panel next to the driver door. Attached to that was another wire with a **** and a switch, we took out the wire with the **** and switch and took it to a Dodge dealer and they were absolutely no help whatsoever. Anyone have any ideas on to fix this?

Quick Reply: Cluster Lights