2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Help, gas leak

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2016, 05:54 PM
David Dudemaine
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, gas leak

97 dak v8 5.2L 4x4

I noticed a strong gas smell when I drive. Also noticed a gas leak. Went under and observed an area where a lot a gas was leaking. It was in between the tank and a rectangle looking box (maybe fuel pump that had some lines hooked into it). Also it's been a little harder to turn over. Have to crank it over twice to start. Any suggestions? Thx

Old 06-27-2016, 06:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

My suggestion would be to find out what exactly is leaking and repair/replace that part.

Old 06-30-2016, 09:52 AM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I once had a customer that arrived in an older Cadillac that decided to burst into flames shortly after he parked it. His comment to me was "I knew about that leak and was trying to make time to fix it". (He had just driven 5 miles to get to me!) After the fire department put the fire out, the car was towed to the scrap yard.

Park it an FIX it. And if you don't know what you are doing, either learn or pay someone. This could be life and death! And even if you don't care about your truck, the owner of the vehicle you park next to might care about theirs.

Old 06-30-2016, 08:31 PM
David Dudemaine
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got it fixed. It was a gas line. It's weird they put it between frame and the bed of truck. Anyways, it's fixed. Thanks all

Quick Reply: Help, gas leak