2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

Need some insight

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Koreyb
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some insight

I got a 2002 dodge Dakota and I'm thinking about raptor lining the whole truck. Good idea or bad idea. I'm also looking into putting in a better stereo system and I want to get some seat covers for the back and front.

I also hit a deer a few weeks back and I'm slowly buying parts to fix her up. I need a new pass fender and a hood/billet combo or separate idc. Is there a website or how can I come across these parts that I need. I don't want to travel to far but no junk yard near me has these parts. If I order offline they come without a paint job just primer so I'm not to worried about that just would rather buy used than new.

Old 06-29-2016, 07:48 PM
patchelect
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No opinion on the Raptor thing, but try craigslist for parts. You need to figure out how to finesse the searching but you might find the items you need not too far away, wherever that may be.

As for a stereo and seat covers, others may have ideas, but Crutchfield is a good shopping place for stereos. Seat covers, maybe J.C. Whitney? Don't know what you are trying to accomplish.

Old 06-29-2016, 09:10 PM
98DAKAZ
Champion
Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Raptor lining the truck in my opinion is a bad idea for one reason resale value.

Having used body parts delivered to your door is going to cost you for shipping local is best price wise so find a junk yard.

craigslist for parts is best idea many people part out their own cars these days.

Quick Reply: Need some insight