2nd Gen Dakota Tech 1997 - 2004 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 2nd Gen Dakota.

03 Dakota Driver window Regulator

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2016, 06:42 PM
camijack63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Dakota Driver window Regulator

So I've had this issue in the past where the passenger window will only roll down when it feels like it. I can operate it from the driver side but the passenger side only works ocassionally. Yesterday, I rolled down the drivers window (from the driver side control) and heard a bunch of what sounded like plastic fall between the door. Today, I took off the door panel, unhooked the door lock and door handle levers, disconnected the electrical plug for the door switch, pulled off the plastic and put my hand between the door using the very small access holes that not very many people can stick their hands down and pulled up several pieces of white plastic that I assume have something to do with rolling down the window. Anybody know what part I might need or a place I can go to research what I need to fix...It doesn't look that difficult but I also don't want to get in over my head. Would this be the opportune time to replace the window switch which might in turn fix the passenger side window problem? Thanks

Old 08-29-2016, 07:37 PM
magnethead
Legend
Received 153 Likes on 140 Posts

the passenger side not working is rather common, it's due to a poorly designed connector on the wire wide whose locking tabs break off and allow the connector to slide out of the switch.

Did the window go back up or is it stuck down? It may have been part of the slide tracks.

Old 08-30-2016, 09:06 PM
camijack63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I've got it figured out as the window regulator. Watched some videos on replacing. This will be my next project..

Quick Reply: 03 Dakota Driver window Regulator