2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

REC Navigation upgrade problem - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 12:18 AM
lgordon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REC Navigation upgrade problem - HELP!

I just tried to upgrade my Navigation Version AC to AE and when it was loading I got the check disc error and now I have a blank screen. It does not show anything! Can anyone give me any advice? The satellite radio is playing in the background and I can change stations with the presets. But the screen is blank. HELP!

Old 06-10-2007, 04:53 PM
lgordon
Default RE: REC Navigation upgrade problem - fixed!

I have solved the Navigation upgrade problem. Apparently it was too hot for the upgrade to be completed, it was 90 degrees yesterday here but I tried the upgrade last night about 8:30 and it was still rather warm. I put in my older AC version DVD and when I went out this morning, it reloaded perfectly. So I decided to try the upgrade again and it worked flawlessly!

Old 07-12-2008, 06:08 PM
Magnumbeliever

Hey lgordon, what year car do you own? I have a 2005 Dodge Magnum that I just purchase. I went online an ordered an upgrade disc for my navigation system and I can not figure out how to get the original disc out. No instructions and the navigation system dvd is separate from the regular CD player. Any ideas or thoughts on how I remove my original disc?

Old 07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
lgordon

I have an 06 Durango LTD Hemi. If you look below the navigation screen on the left side there is a little (and I mean little) tab, push the tab down and out. This is a little thin cover to the Nav DVD, on the right side there is an eject button to push. I had trouble with this as well. Since my original post, I have gotten the AF upgrade and it is the best version yet. Good luck, let me know if you have any problems and remember not to upgrade when it too hot, that's what happened on my first try.

Quick Reply: REC Navigation upgrade problem - HELP!