2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

'05 Hemi just quits

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:41 PM
caytos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My D used to die while driving and turning. It progressed until the gauges would go nuts and the computer would go into 'Limp' mode. We finally troubleshot the problem to the battery positive cable from the battery to the starter was shorting out against the EGR tube. After changing out the tube and the wiring harness neither issue has resurfaced. The EGR tube is on the passenger side of the vehicle next to the battery and under the intake tube.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:25 PM
durangooldkid
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Key problem

I just had the security key problem with my 05 Hemi. Tried to start it and it started for just a couple seconds and died. After several tries, it stopped cranking completely. I called my repair shop (had some problems with the local Dodge dealer) and they told me to try another key. I had a spare in the console and it worked fine. I had a third key that I had purchased later as a second spare at home and it didn't work either. Ended up taking the D to the Dodge dealer and they said the two keys skims are bad. I paid $174 for the key and $145 for diagnosis and programming. The extra key I purchased had cost $80 two years ago. Quite a jump in price! So now I'm down to two keys that work and I wonder how long my working original key will work. They told me that there is nothing I can do if I'm out and about and the key fails. I'll keep the spare in the console and hope it works.

Quick Reply: '05 Hemi just quits