2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

05 durango blower motor not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 09:03 AM
cms05durango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 durango blower motor not working

hello all,

I have a 2005 dodge durango slt that the blower motor quit working. I searched the forum and found a lot of failures of the resistor pack, so I replaced and it worked fine for 3 days now the motor is not working again. I tested the motor and it is okay, I do not feel like having a third resistor pack fail. What can cause the resistor packs to fail like this.

thank you,

james

Old 07-13-2008, 11:11 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 05 durango blower motor not working

James:

Does the harness look burned or charred where the pack attaches?? This has ben an issue with the blower circuit i both Gen 1 and 2 D's.

How did you test the blower?? Did you do a current draw measurment to see how much it is drawing??

Just because it runs does not mean it is running properly.

I would wager that either your harness has a bad spot, or the motor is drawing enough excess current to burn up the pack, but is not a short so the attendant fuse does not blow.

Don

Old 08-13-2008, 08:24 PM
The Feast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Motor or Resistor?

Not intending to hijack this thread, but my situation seems similar:

After a short period of running the AC, the air speed from the front vents drops to nothing. If I turn of the recirculation and crack a window, the air speed comes up a bit. Rear AC is not effected.

If I let the car sit for a few hours (while at work) then drive, the air moves through the vents, but I notice that now it seems to be "slower". Selecting a different fan speed make no noticeable difference. Selecting to recirculate doesn't make a difference.

If I run it long enough, the front vents "trickle" cold air. Better if I am not recirculating and have cracked a window open. Rear AC not effected at all.

I am assuming the the blower motor needs to be replaced as there is always cold air, just not moving after running the fan for a period of time.

Could this be the resistor that I have read about in the prior posts?

Regards,

Feast

Quick Reply: 05 durango blower motor not working