2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2005 Durango Unlimited electrical problems.

Old 11-17-2023, 12:32 PM
Bikerdude80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Durango Unlimited electrical problems.

I bought an 05 Limited a couple months ago. Runs and drives great. Problem it has is electrical. Sometimes the odometer and gear indicator won't shut off and when you lock it, it won't beep when it does this, and it kills the battery so when that happens now, I unhook the battery. Next day when I hook it back up everything is fine. When I hook it back up it will start and shut itself off twice, and third time it stays running but shuts off when I hit the brake so I figure there is a remote starter on it.
all that had stopped until This past Tuesday. I took it through the car wash & this thing has become like a vehicle in the movie Maximum Overdrive, has a mind of its own, just not trying to kill me lol!
It went back to the odometer & gear indicator not shutting off. I had to stop at the store so I ran in real quick to get what I needed and when I came out, my lights are flashing but no alarm going off and my radio is playing. Hit the panic button and it all stops. Take it home, unhook the battery, tape the cable ends together and leave it overnite. Next day hook it back up, it did it's start by itself thing, then after that was perfectly normal.
Yesterday I get down the street from my house and the Electronic Throttle Control kicks in. Pull over, unhook the battery for a few minutes l, hook it back up and all was fine.
Today while driving (it's very rainy here in N.E. Ohio today)
It came up with a new one, the gauge cluster will flash on and off, speedometer and tach come and go, Radio shuts on and off etc. unhook the battery while getting breakfast, come out hook it back up to leave and all is fine.
just now while I was in the house the alarm started going off on it's own, I walk outside and the lights are going, wipers are going etc. shut it off and it's been fine since.
anybody ever have something like this happen or have any ideas what to start checking?
Thanks,
Dealing with Maximum Overdrive in Ohio lol
Jason
​​​​​

Last edited by Bikerdude80; 11-17-2023 at 12:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2023, 08:48 PM
Berserker1776

call the Exorcist! Lol, did you figure it out?

Old 12-24-2023, 06:43 AM
Bikerdude80

Originally Posted by Berserker1776
call the Exorcist! Lol, did you figure it out?
No not yet. It's going to a friend's shop after the holidays and he's going to see if he can get it figured out

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Durango Unlimited electrical problems.