2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Navigation System problem

Old 02-16-2009, 03:07 PM
Alcatraz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigation System problem

I'm sure this has been covered before, but I have searched here and across the vastness of the internet and cannot find one single helpful answer to my problem. My Durango is a 2005 Limited. 5.7, auto, loaded with dvd/navigation system. My problem is the navigation system. At some point, in some way, the mouse (for lack of a better term) got broke. I"m talking about the stalk that sticks out into space that controls the cursor, that was just waiting for some kid or my wife to hit, and yes, break.

I called the local dealer who grinned (I could hear the grin over the phone) as they told me the unit would need to be replaced as a whole and would cost me $1200. I"ve found the unit on ebay for around $400-$600 but that still seems pricey for what I know can't cost more than $20 in parts to fix.

So, has anyone had this problem, and if so, where did you get the parts to fix it? I am a decent mechanic and have no anxiety about pulling the unit or repairing it once it is out, I just need someone to point me in the direction of the parts. Any help is appreciated.

Greg

Old 02-16-2009, 08:39 PM
mikelowry

I have the same problem. It sucks, but Im gonna keep searching before I spend 700 on a another unit. Will post what I find out.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:15 AM
jam1on1
Amateur

d a search or united radio in syracuse ny they do all radio repairs for chrysler units they also sell new radios chper then dealer when you call ask for radio repairs they should help you

Old 02-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Alcatraz

Thanks. I found their website and have sent them an email.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation System problem