2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2004 Dodge Durango 5.7L Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 01:10 PM
haktekhemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7L Please Help

Good morning,

Hello Hi, how is everyone this morning let me introduce my self name is Manny from Cali, Student, working with kids.

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango got it with 0's miles brand new warrenty out 3 year max i got no problems work fantastic and still does but for the last 2 weeks i being going to the dealer and its coming back i already spent a lot of money but i dont wanna loose my truck i love it, the problem come everyday now with an Engine light on after 10 - 15 mins throttle control light come out flashing ( Lighting with 2 brackets) i have to stop turn off and them turn on its goes away last time i took it to the dealer they clean the sensor from the PCM pipe and run the diagnose test and it came out with a error code P2175 something with the low air inlet restricted air flow, well after they clean it put a new air filter i started getting my temperature niddle up a little over the middle then down really fast so i check my oil cap and it seems it has a little bit of water in it when back to the dealer did a pressure test something with the spark plug good but im still getting the engine light with the throttle control flashing,

I need help with this i dont want the truck to get worth if anyone knows about this let me know please thank you so much or should i take it back to Dodge dealer.

Thank you for reading.

Old 03-29-2009, 09:12 AM
04Hermi

I have a 2004 Dodge Durango got it with 0's miles brand new warrenty out 3 year max
So lets see that would be your warranty ended 2007?
i got no problems work fantastic and still does
Ok so running ok?
but for the last 2 weeks i being going to the dealer
Hmm, maybe not running ok?
and its coming back i already spent a lot of money
Warranty is gone?
but i dont wanna loose my truck i love it,
Can’t make the payments?
the problem come everyday now with an Engine light on after 10 - 15 mins
Ohhh, here is the issue….
throttle control light come out flashing ( Lighting with 2 brackets)
????? explain????
i have to stop turn off and them turn on its goes away
Clears with restart…
last time i took it to the dealer they clean the sensor from the PCM pipe
PCM pipe?
and run the diagnose test and it came out with a error code P2175 something with the low air inlet restricted air flow, well after they clean it put a new air filter i started getting my temperature niddle up a little over the middle then down really fast
Temperature- radiator cooling system
so i check my oil cap and it seems it has a little bit of water in it
Blown head gasket, been running it hard?
when back to the dealer did a pressure test something with the spark plug good
Compression check, probably verifying you didn’t blow a head gasket…
but im still getting the engine light with the throttle control flashing,
Maybe somebody can help us with this which has a code reader?

I need help with this i dont want the truck to get worth
I am not sure I understand this….
if anyone knows about this let me know please thank you so much or should i take it back to Dodge dealer.
If you are still dealing with the same problem of which you took it in for, yes take it back to the agency. Look for a 5 STAR and hopefully you will get better feedback.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
mantisman51
Record Breaker

I was a Ford/GMC tech for quite a while, so my experience with Dodge has been limited-I've just never had a problem with mine. Without going into the codes, the symptoms (remember from a Ford perspective, which I would think would translate to a Dodge), would point me to a bad intake manifold gasket. In a Ford, with these symptoms, I would be about 95% sure it was an intake manifold gasket. The plenums were aluminum and when the engines were exposed to alot of heat (pulling a trailer, offroading, etc) , the constant expansion and contraction would cause the gasket to "unseat". You would get coolant in the oil and a hot running engine, with air restriction. If the Durango has an aluminum plenum, my thought would be to spray the top of the engine off COMPLETELY. Then put die in the coolant and run it for a day or two and then get a black light to se if you get any flouresence around the intake and in the engine oil. If you get coolant in the oil, but not around the intake, you are probably looking at a bad head gasket or cracked head. With the new metal alloy head gaskets, it is easy for e tech to miss, because it can be intermittent for quite a while, until the gasket ruptures completely. That's when you get the constant engine missing and plumes of smoke out the exhaust.

Quick Reply: 2004 Dodge Durango 5.7L Please Help