2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Adding a 3rd row seat.

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:29 PM
racolton
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a 3rd row seat.

I've searched through the forum and have seen that it *is* possible to add a third-row seat to a Durango that came without one, but I didn't find many details about the process. For example, I'd like to put the 50/50 split rear bench in - are some of the seatbelt components attached to the seat, or are they attached to the floor like the straight bench? Am I correct in assuming there will be two holes in the carpet from where the front of the extra storage bin was bolted down? Is there a floor mat that will cover them up?
Also, any guesses as to how much it will end up costing? I did a parts search and the prices for just the seat range from $82 to $750!

I highlighted the pieces needed for the new addition and posted them on my web page: http://www.thecoltons.org/2004dodgedurangoslt Did I miss anything?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:30 AM
tomtom10_09
Default info

racolton,
I am looking to do the same thing, did you have any luck? if so how did you do it, and how did it cost you? my family has expaned and now i need the trird row.
thanks tom

Old 08-15-2013, 03:19 PM
racolton

I didn't have any luck finding a 50/50 split rear seat but I did find a Durango at a local junkyard that had the same color interior as mine with the rear bench. The bolts holding the seats down were the hardest, they are giant torx-socket bolts, something around T-45, so I had to run and buy a bit to fit. Bring Philips screwdriver, a trim stick, misc metric sockets, breaker bar, and whatever size torx it takes and grab everything you need from the donor vehicle. I got the seat, seatbelts, and seatbelt compatible trim panels for $100. I had the seats cleaned at the dealership for $25 before I installed them since they were exposed to the elements from broken windows in the donor vehicle.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:24 PM
dodge-D'go

Just bought an 06 Durango and have the same issue. After reading your post could you tell me how well this worked out for you?

Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 AM
pglei

I have a 3rd row bench I'm trying to get rid of grey cloth ($100)...installed a 60/40 split from a wreck. Included is the middle anchor for seatbelts. seatbelts and bolts are not included. there is a junk yard on 8 mile and mound road in detroit looked like it had the 3rd row still in it (I was there about 2/5/2014 getting a "new" running board). red with tan leather? interior. all belts were there still too. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Adding a 3rd row seat.