2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Dodge Durango 2007 5.7HEMI Gas cap signal

Old 08-17-2009, 12:14 PM
vzenit
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Durango 2007 5.7HEMI Gas cap signal

Hello! Do you know how can I reset computer to shut down gas cap signal? Mechanics use the PDA sanc the truck and No signal of failures appears, but gas cap signal is still sparkling! When We start the machine and push the button at the front disappears but again when start the truck again appears.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:11 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It may be a bad oxygen sensor that is tripping the gas cap alarm,
FF

Old 08-18-2009, 06:23 PM
vzenit

do you know how to change the oxygen sensor? its easy to change? its is cheaper or expensive?
many tanks for your help!

Old 08-18-2009, 07:20 PM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I never changed one because both times that one failed (on a Honda) it was under warranty. http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...o/4219927.html
This link may help,
FF

Old 06-23-2011, 01:27 AM
Sblunden
Default Gas cap signal and check engine light

Originally Posted by vzenit
Hello! Do you know how can I reset computer to shut down gas cap signal? Mechanics use the PDA sanc the truck and No signal of failures appears, but gas cap signal is still sparkling! When We start the machine and push the button at the front disappears but again when start the truck again appears.
I just had this same issue on my 2007 limited. I replaced the gas cap with a new one but the warning signal and check engine light still kept coming on. A mechanic friend then suggested disconnecting the negative on the battery for 5 mins. Did this and it's all fixed. No check engine light and no gas cap warning signal. Better yet, no big bill from the stealership

Old 06-23-2011, 02:31 PM
jamesjessup

I have a 2007 Dodge Durango, 5.7 Hemi. I am having the same gas cap issues, that I have reset several times. I also tried the negative terminal disconnect. The issue of the gas cap and engine light still persist. I have taken it to the dealer twice and they cant fix it either. I had installed a cool air intake and cut out the catalytic converters and installed a straight pipe a while back. I assumed that may be part of the problem, but obviously not. I have read about this same complaint before on other sites. Is this a recall item that Dodge has put out? How do you fix this? I moved to Dallas, Tx from Phoenix and cant get my truck registered until this is fixed.

Old 06-25-2011, 10:21 AM
Sblunden

Originally Posted by Sblunden
I just had this same issue on my 2007 limited. I replaced the gas cap with a new one but the warning signal and check engine light still kept coming on. A mechanic friend then suggested disconnecting the negative on the battery for 5 mins. Did this and it's all fixed. No check engine light and no gas cap warning signal. Better yet, no big bill from the stealership
Update - The negative terminal disconnect got rid of the gas cap warning and check engine light for a couple of days but now just the check engine light is coming on. Problem still not solved any ideas before I give up and send to the dealership? We have a big trip planned towing our trailer and I don't want to take the risk of doing this with the check engine light still on. Should I be worried?

Old 06-25-2011, 05:31 PM
sydmoe

Have had same problem. I changed the cap and reset by disconnecting the batt. Problem came back. I blew air in the vent by the gas filler tube inside the fender well, reset and that lasted 3 weeks but then check engine and gas cap message once again returned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dodge Durango 2007 5.7HEMI Gas cap signal