2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Headlights blink off while driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 02:27 PM
k5avj
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$48 at O'Reilly's - "Usually available in 24 hours" per their website. Special order at AutoZone...about $60 ....

Old 02-28-2011, 02:15 PM
cod

When you actually try to order, they call you two days later and tell you it's out of stock and they don't know when it will be available. I've tried the dealership, NAPA, AutoZone, and several online retailers. Unless something has changed in the last couple of weeks...

Old 11-20-2014, 12:28 PM
shelhays

Hoping this thread is still being monitored. Has anybody gotten any further on this problem? My 2004 Durango has developed the headlight blinking problem. My dealer can not replicate the problem and tells me there are no error codes indicating a problem. The blinking happens year round in all weather conditions. I've seen it happen when I first start it of a morning and after I have driven it for hours on a trip. I can not predict when it might happen, nor can I cause it to happen. I've tried all that has been discussed in this thread short of changing parts. I would like to have a bit of confidence I am replacing a questionable part. An electrical schematic I came across shows the headlights and fog lamps share the same relay.

Old 11-21-2014, 07:41 AM
cod

It was the interior headlight switch. I replaced it and it never happened again.
Originally Posted by shelhays
Hoping this thread is still being monitored. Has anybody gotten any further on this problem? My 2004 Durango has developed the headlight blinking problem. My dealer can not replicate the problem and tells me there are no error codes indicating a problem. The blinking happens year round in all weather conditions. I've seen it happen when I first start it of a morning and after I have driven it for hours on a trip. I can not predict when it might happen, nor can I cause it to happen. I've tried all that has been discussed in this thread short of changing parts. I would like to have a bit of confidence I am replacing a questionable part. An electrical schematic I came across shows the headlights and fog lamps share the same relay.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Please follow up all posts as this helps future members. Thanks for the update even if it was close to four years later.

Old 11-22-2014, 09:21 AM
shelhays

Cod, thank you for the reply. I guess I will replace that module.

Old 04-12-2015, 09:35 AM
shelhays

Just to follow up on this thread. My blinking lights got to the point where they would turn off for several seconds soon after I started the car. They became quite predictable. I replaced the dash mounted light switch and the problem is now solved. The old switch had three switches: headlight, fog lamps, and interior. The new switch has the fog lamps and headlight combined as one. The interior lights are still a separate rotor. Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

Quick Reply: Headlights blink off while driving