Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

P0700 and P0750 on '06 4.7L with 545RFE

Old 07-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Default P0700 and P0750 on '06 4.7L with 545RFE

Hi all,

I have a 2006 Durango with a 4.7L and the RFE transmission. The transmission went into limp home mode for the wife on Friday (stuck in third).

Most of the consensus online I've seen is that the P0750 (faulty shift solenoid A) points to replacing the shift solenoid pack in the transmission.

Is there anything else that could cause this fault that I should check before dropping the pan?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
Record Breaker
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkieffer View Post
Hi all,

I have a 2006 Durango with a 4.7L and the RFE transmission. The transmission went into limp home mode for the wife on Friday (stuck in third).

Most of the consensus online I've seen is that the P0750 (faulty shift solenoid A) points to replacing the shift solenoid pack in the transmission.

Is there anything else that could cause this fault that I should check before dropping the pan?

Thanks
DP,

Full definition of code and possible causes.

P0750-LR SOLENOID CIRCUIT

Theory of Operation

The Transmission Control System uses six electronically controlled solenoids that allow hydraulic fluid to be applied to various friction elements (clutches), which enables the gear requested. The continuity of each solenoid circuit is periodically tested. Each inactive solenoid is turned on for a few milliseconds, then off. Each active solenoid is turned off for a few milliseconds, then on. This pulsing of voltage to the solenoid causes an inductive spike which can be sensed by the Transmission Control System. If an inductive spike is not sensed by the Transmission Control System during the continuity check, it is tested again. If the test fails three consecutive times, the appropriate Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) is set. If the solenoid test is run in response to a gear ratio or pressure switch error, one failure will result in setting the appropriate DTC.
  • When Monitored: Initially at power-up, then every 10 seconds thereafter. The solenoid circuits will also be tested immediately after a gear ratio or pressure switch error is detected.
  • Set Condition: After three consecutive solenoid continuity test failures, or one failure if test is run in response to a gear ratio or pressure switch error.

• NOTE:This DTC is strictly an electrical fault and cannot be caused by any internal transmission failure other than an open in the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly. If the Transmission Solenoid/TRS Assembly is in need of replacement — do not replace the Valve Body.
Possible Causes

RELATED TCM POWER INPUT DTCS PRESENT
(T20) L/R SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO OTHER CIRCUITS
(T20) L/R SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT OPEN
(T20) L/R SOLENOID CONTROL CIRCUIT SHORTED TO GROUND
TRANSMISSION SOLENOID/TRS ASSEMBLY
POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM)

U.S. Top Care
Chrysler Group LLC

Last edited by DodgeCares; 07-02-2012 at 01:45 PM..
Old 07-04-2012, 03:57 PM
Multi-section Moderator
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: Mits P/U , Dodge avenger(1996) .
Leonard Pierce

If you need i have a pdf file to perform the test procedure for P0750 code.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks for the replies. I changed out the TRS/solenoid pack today which fixed the problem.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:06 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkieffer View Post
Thanks for the replies. I changed out the TRS/solenoid pack today which fixed the problem.
I'm having the same issue on my 2006 dodge ram. When we drove it and plugged in the scan tool. The scanner showed the vehicle in neutral no matter what gear I selected. Would this be caused by the same problem. I was debating on replacing the Solenoid pack but got worried when I saw the vehicle did not k ow what gear I was in? What is the trs and what does that entail to change? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to just throw money at it until I find a fix. Thanks
Old 07-31-2012, 07:06 AM