2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

05 will not start

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM
softballpop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 will not start

I have posted before about same problem. I have 05 durango, 4.7L 2wd and 155,000 miles. Wife could not get truck to crank. Could not hear fuel pump prime. Both fuses were good and I swapped relays with the one for the starter. Buddy told me that fuel pump could be vapor locked due to wife running it out of fuel. Relieved pressure/vacuum at fuel rail and truck started and ran for about 2 weeks. Truck would not start when wife stopped at gas station after work. Thanks to son n law, got truck home. Replaced fuel pump. Still could not get pump to prime. Dropped tank again. Had battery volts at plug ( pos and neg wires) with it unplugged from pump. Just to see, jump old fuel pump with battery and old pump worked. Plugged old pump back up and found no voltage on pump side. Replaced chassis plug with one out of junk yard. Had 13.3 volts at plug on pos and neg wires for about 2 seconds with key turned on and 12.1 while trying to crank truck. Plugged the old pump back up and stiil did not have voltage on pump side. Also, I plugged the old pump back up and tried grounding to chassis with no luck. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:23 PM
softballpop
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One more thing, after replacing fuel pump I pulled codes and had P0627 and P0058.

Quick Reply: 05 will not start