2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

05 5.7 AWD Loss of Power

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 02:49 PM
sameolish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 5.7 AWD Loss of Power

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum, this is my first post. I had a bit of difficulty finding this info, most likely because I'm new to the site.

2005 5.7 SLT AWD 99k

I have a few issues with my driveability. No codes, lights, warnings, etc. Some of which I know how to remedy, but I want to put it all on the table in case they are connected.

Right now I'm facing a large loss of power. I kick it down a gear partial throttle on the highway from 60 to 70 and I get 4 cyl acceleration. About 2-3 weeks ago I cleaned the throttle body to trouble shoot my hard warm starting (removed and gently cleaned, did not open or move the butterfly, was extremely cautious as to where the TB cleaner was sprayed), but I didn't have issues immediately following. I also installed a new Fram air filter just to eliminate any obstructions. No over-heating or coolant loss, but the oil does have a faint, faint smell of gas.

Other new problems include:
-A bad front end vibration with a DS pull over the crown (this just started with my loss of power). Its constant, no CV clicking or clunking. Tire pressure even. My alignment is good, and I haven't hit any curbs/pot holes
-Brake pedal engages later than usual, about half way down to get a good solid pedal.

Existing issues:
-I have a P.S. manifold bolt broken in the head causing an exhaust leak.
-Hard warm starts

Any ideas aside from basic tune-up? Injectors? Fuel filter/ pump?

Everything's been peachy until today aside from the hard starting. It's been 5-600 miles since I had the TB off.

Quick Reply: 05 5.7 AWD Loss of Power