2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

New 2nd gen owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 07:28 AM
Bill C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2nd gen owner

Hi all, I'm new here. I found a 2005 awd 5.7 limited for $3,000 on Craigslist and couldn't pass up the deal. I have had it now 2 weeks. Zero rust, a couple minor dings on wheel well, a small rip in back bumper, but otherwise in great shape appearance wise. I went over common issues and already fixed ones I could. Awd 4x4 switch motor was acting up, so I unplugged it. A/C made noise, refilled with coolant and noise stopped, fixed rear pinion seal, changed all the fluids, transfer case, differentials etc. Today had Bilstein shocks put on, bought a used seat track for drivers side(one side doesn't move), cleaned filter(had a k&n), replaced PVC. Only things I need to do is change the OEM plugs and wires since it has 120k miles, but still runs great, no odd ticks or noises. I have a couple broken exhaust manifold bolts, I can't hear a leak, but previous owner told me and I verified it was a leak, that can wait, doesn't bother me. I want to replace tentioners and belt soon, otherwise everything that needed to be fixed has been done. Interior has I small 2 inch rip at seam on drivers leather seat, may sew it up or get seat covers, and the plastic base of seat that holds the seat controls needs replaced(bought 1 off eBay). The D has the OEM rec nav infinity sound system, I would keep it, but the joystick type **** is not working, just free spins, so makes the nav or using any settings useless, so I bought a axxess harness, steering wheel harness, etc to install a older 2010 model high end(top model then, but now is a little outdated) Kenwood touch screen stereo that I pulled out of my 2010 camaro ss to put new model in. I tow a 4,000 pound trailer, so should tow great with this Durango. I was surprised with the Hemi, feels powerful considering its a 5,100 pound suv. So just wanted to say hi and what I've done over past 2 weeks. I did have 2 questions, was thinking of coating the front, back bumper, and buldge from wheel wells with a satin black or bed coating, for a more durable and off-road look, since I have to repair a few dings in buldge on fenders and replace rear bumper. Think it would look good if done right? Also has anyone removed the Hemi hat, put different tube in place of it to intake, then was able to modify a OEM cover from a 300 or charger to cover engine better and stop any water from pooling on intake? I did buy a new(updated) cowl, putting it on this week. So far no issues, but I like to be proactive.

Old 05-04-2016, 07:41 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Quick Reply: New 2nd gen owner