2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

04 durango throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:44 PM
superjhonxxx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 durango throttle body

Hello all, I have a 04 durango and the ETC light came on my dashboard. Loat power and car shut. It'll turn back on and drive one minute and again light come on, no acceleration and shut down. I replaced the throttle body since this year car has no Throttle position sensor, its electric and it was good for the first 20 mikes and again same problem now. Where else can I search for the a problem, all I search says to replace ETC and I did. thank you

Old 05-26-2016, 06:02 AM
polarbear92
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the same issue with my 2006 limited with the 5.7. The codes that came up along with it were usually camshaft position sensor codes, it only threw the ETC code one time. I replaced the cam and crank sensors with no change. I found that the ETC would flash and everything only after the truck was up to operating temp. Found out through some searching that the A/C circuit uses the same signal from the PCM, and my issue started after the dealership I bought it from in January did some A/C work on it because the front wasn't blowing cold. I couldn't find any apparent damage to the A/C wiring.

My other searching found that it could be an issue with the wiring going to multiple different sensors, or also a battery that is slightly low, even if it tests as a good battery.

I started to go through the connectors and wiring that was easy to get to with only removing the air cleaner box completely, including the ducting going to the throttle body box. I inspected the wiring as best I could and cleaned the connectors, and also lubricated the connectors with dielectric grease. I also cleaned the "dead lead" off of my battery posts and cleaned the cable terminals as best as I could, and charged my battery over night. I also found a little bit of corrosion where the large wiring connects to the fuse block that is mounted more towards the rear of the engine. So far I haven't had the issue come back. I ran it a lot yesterday, drove further than I have been able to for a while, and my issue didn't show back up. I haven't tried the A/C yet, but I plan to today.

This may help you, or it may not. I hope that it does so that you don't have to fight with it for so long. My next step after everything above would be looking at a PCM. From what I've found Autozone is a good option for them. They get your VIN and mileage and it comes from the remanufacturer completely programed, you don't even have to take it to a dealer.

Last edited by polarbear92; 05-26-2016 at 06:16 AM.

Quick Reply: 04 durango throttle body