2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Refit heating system and roof light

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 09:28 AM
AndreasA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Refit heating system and roof light

Hi all!

I got a dodge durango 2005 that only has the driver and front passenger seats. I want to refit the seats in the back and the heating system as well as the roof light. Does anyone have a map of where the heating and so should be placed in the car? I tried to search the web but could not find any useful information.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards
Andreas

Old 01-16-2017, 10:07 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Not entirely sure I understand your question.

Old 01-16-2017, 02:04 PM
AndreasA

Hi!

It was a bit hard to explain.. I will try again.

To get cars cheaper in Norway its normal to remove all seats except the the drivers and passengers seat to avoid extra tax. Then they usually remove seat belts and other stuff so you can bring cargo in the back of the car. After 10 years you can install the rest of the seats without paying extra tax.

I am trying to reinstall the seats and the center console between them now. I searched a bit on the internet, but could not find any information about where the channels for the heat input in the back seats goes. Also on the center console there is two buttons, one with a fan and another for temperature. Is there a map showing where the wiring should be? I got the haynes manual but it´s not in there as far as I know.. There seams like there also is missing things in the walls. If there is a website or something showing how the car is build up behind the front seats it would be a lot easier.

Old 01-16-2017, 04:43 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

You would do well to forget about the rear HVAC units. They're nothing but trouble.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:55 AM
AndreasA

Okay. Could you be more specific about what trouble? Does anyone know where I can find a map that would give me an overview of the rear interior?