2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Reset codes

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2017, 08:48 PM
R.S.W.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reset codes

I recently purchased 2004 Durango and was told I needed to press the gas when starting it, but after checking and resetting the codes it started right up. The problem is that now, just a few days later, it is going back to needing to press the gas to start again. I understand that it needs 12 starts/48miles to complete the process and I should be about there. It had codes P0172, P0300, P0513, and P2299 before resetting it. Should I reset it again?

Old 03-29-2017, 07:58 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Moved from the Ram diesel section to the Durango section.

Pressing the gas on a fuel injected engine while off does nothing. Who told you that?

As far as the codes go, you need to find the cause of those codes and fix them. Resetting them does nothing if you don't address the underlying issue that's causing them. You can look here for info on those codes.

https://www.obd-codes.com/trouble_codes/

Old 03-29-2017, 01:35 PM
R.S.W.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me clarify, when I start it I have to give it gas as it is cranking to get it to start. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries and sometimes it starts without giving it gas when cranking. I listed the codes because they were not for anything like throttle positioning sensor or 02 sensor. They were multi-cylinder misfire, running rich, key issues and brake/ accel. pedal improper position.

Quick Reply: Reset codes