Intrepid Police car

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:29 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Intrepid Police car

ORIGINAL: redriderbob

Well the Intrepid Police Package ran for three years from 2002-2004 model years. Currently there is no more production of the Intrepid (LH platform) because of the new rear-wheel drive platform named the LX... a.k.a 2005 Dodge Magnum and 2005 Chrysler 300 Series! The biggest motor to come in the Intrepid was the 3.5L HO V-6 that had 255 horsepower, which was the more in the Intrepid Police Package. However, the new 2005 Dodge Magnum RT (not R/T) will have the 5.7L HEMI V-8 rated at 340 horsepower and 390 ft-lbs of torque and a top speed of 153mph! There is no word about a police package yet, but I assume by 2007 we will see one.

2002-2004 Dodge Intrepid Police Package:

2005 Dodge Magnum HEMI RT:

2005 Chrysler 300C HEMI:

So her department will not have any Intrepids powered by a HEMI motor. Sorry!

redriderbob
Now I know this mistake is almost two years old but I feel the need to mention it. The most HP the Intrepid ever had was 250 HP, and that was only on the 2004 SXT model. The earlier models had around 242-244 HP. The 255 HP version of the 3.5L HO V6 was in the 300M Special only.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:27 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait until we replace our Crown Vics.....they all have over 40,000 miles on them and most of that is low speed patrol duty. They'd probably blow up if we had to participate in a prolonged high speed pursuit........[:'(]

Dusty

Old 01-11-2006, 06:53 PM
nickoman01
The Only Elite DF Member

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

I can't wait until we replace our Crown Vics.....they all have over 40,000 miles on them and most of that is low speed patrol duty. They'd probably blow up if we had to participate in a prolonged high speed pursuit........[:'(]

Dusty

start asking about charger cop cars. see what you can do.

Old 01-11-2006, 09:15 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member

I talked to the Chief this morning while I was on dispatch and he said they were thinking about getting a pickup truck(s) for our next series of vehicles. I think I saw SAPD with one a while back, and it looked kinda odd. My question is: how are we supposed to transport prisoners? They'd have to get us quad cabs........

Dusty

Old 01-19-2006, 03:24 AM
the_flash083

ORIGINAL: dustyloins

I talked to the Chief this morning while I was on dispatch and he said they were thinking about getting a pickup truck(s) for our next series of vehicles. I think I saw SAPD with one a while back, and it looked kinda odd. My question is: how are we supposed to transport prisoners? They'd have to get us quad cabs........

Dusty
then couldnt a civic out run you?

Old 01-19-2006, 10:36 AM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

They use the Tahoe's up here in Indiana....and if you think you are outrunning one of those.....HAHAHAHAHAHA I wish you the best of luck.....

Those bad boys got S/C's on them...

Old 01-19-2006, 12:54 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

The city of Leawood(Extreamly well off community with alot of money to burn), wich is to the east of Overland Park where I live has a black Escalade. Its black with all blacked out windows, no markings at all with strobes inside the corners and such. Well what they do is sit along the side of the road with their hazards on I-435 and everyone just speeds on by and goes "haha stupid rich F&*K" untill he wips out with all his lights on and your getting a big assed fine for whatever. Overland Park has mostly crown vics, but their traffic unit however is mostly Silverados and 2000-04 model Taruses. The Kansas State troopers use fully built Mustang GTs. The Escalade I think though really takes the cake.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:08 PM
Midnight SRT
Nightly Creeper
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: nickoman01

looks like someone got that off of a ram, and put it on an intrepid sxt

obtw, your intrepid looks good
I know it's old, but yeah I agree. Just a HEMI badge taken off of a Ram... Remember my friend Robbie's Civic Hybrid HEMI? lol

[IMG]local://upfiles/9989/ED9FB21A82BE416AA54FFB4FFC79F824.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9989/907B7D729A0D415E953A5EA2E6C777FC.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/9989/1B8B59CAFFFE44228020F30102DE8649.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-19-2006, 07:06 PM
97 3.5 Intrepid
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: highline95jl

The city of Leawood(Extreamly well off community with alot of money to burn), wich is to the east of Overland Park where I live has a black Escalade. Its black with all blacked out windows, no markings at all with strobes inside the corners and such. Well what they do is sit along the side of the road with their hazards on I-435 and everyone just speeds on by and goes "haha stupid rich F&*K" untill he wips out with all his lights on and your getting a big assed fine for whatever. Overland Park has mostly crown vics, but their traffic unit however is mostly Silverados and 2000-04 model Taruses. The Kansas State troopers use fully built Mustang GTs. The Escalade I think though really takes the cake.
Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that they are using the tax money so conservatively? (I'm being very sarcastic of course) I'm sure that money could be used to offer better pay for the police officers, or something more valuable than a stupid, over priced SUV. The police department in my hometown has three Expeditions as well as Crown Vics for a population of 4500 people. Why do they need the big SUVs? What was wrong with the smaller, less expensive Explorers? I don't have a problem with people owning big SUVs, they can own as many as they want. I just have problems with the government using my tax money on this stuff. Talk about pork spending.

What brand of trucks would they get Dusty?

Old 01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 97 3.5 Intrepid

ORIGINAL: highline95jl

Doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that they are using the tax money so conservatively? (I'm being very sarcastic of course) I'm sure that money could be used to offer better pay for the police officers, or something more valuable than a stupid, over priced SUV. The police department in my hometown has three Expeditions as well as Crown Vics for a population of 4500 people. Why do they need the big SUVs? What was wrong with the smaller, less expensive Explorers? I don't have a problem with people owning big SUVs, they can own as many as they want. I just have problems with the government using my tax money on this stuff. Talk about pork spending.

What brand of trucks would they get Dusty?
Well like I said the city I mentioned has alot of money to burn. The population of Leawood is 40 thousand, Overland Park 180 thousand. Pretty much the total population of johnson county where I live is around 600 thousand and johnson county is one of the richest counties in the united states, the total population of the Kansas City metro area is 2.4 million so theyd have the extra money to spend on over priced SUVs, but Expeditions for a town of 4500? come on thats rediculious.

Quick Reply: Intrepid Police car