2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

2001 Intrepid PCM

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Shakespeere
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Intrepid PCM

Hey Everyone!

A friend of mine has a 2001 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 liter. She recently got the P0601 code when her check engine light came on. The dealer tried to charge her 1100$ to replace it.

I took a look around online and found autocomputerexchange.com

The part is only 150$ plus shipping. So i said to myself "Well, I can probably do 950$ worth of labor no problem." I used to work on a corvette I had all the time.

So I look and find the PCM below the driver side fuse box.

The guy at the website I bought it from, who is extremely helpful and has been totally cool with me being an idiot, says he needs the vin, the mileage, and some chrystler number thats on a stick ON the pcm.

Well, I can find the sticker... He said it was opposite the plugs on the actual housing for the pcm. Does that mean its on the side thats butted up against the fender and I have to take the whole thing out to get access to that number? Will the car run if I disconnect the PCM completely?

Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate any guidance!!

~Russ

Old 03-13-2010, 12:04 PM
Shakespeere

I meant to say that I CANNOT find that sticker... if I found it then I probably wouldn't be having this problem, huh?

Old 03-18-2010, 07:28 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker

As for the location of the sticker, he prob knows best. As for the car running with out the PCM, no way can the car run with out it.

Quick Reply: 2001 Intrepid PCM