2nd Gen Intrepid 1998 through 2004 Intrepids

Driver's door panel

Old 07-19-2006, 12:58 AM
Dodgef15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's door panel

Hi i have a 1999 Dodge Intrepid, I am having problems with the driver's side window, the problem is that some how the window glas came out off its place,( the window goes down but when going up it is out off place and in order to be closed the right way and put back in its place i have to hold the window glass while it is going up. So can some one please help me out by giving me the directions to remove the door pannel because i have tried to take it off but i can't find all the screws and don't know where they are.

Thanks,

Old 07-29-2006, 10:27 PM
rickrcr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Driver's door panel

Assuming you don't have the ES with the extra speaker above the door panel, it's pretty easy. There's about 8-9 screws - three on the bottom of the panel, 3 behind the speaker grill, 1 behind the door handle, 1 in the bottom of the door "pull" slot. After removing these, the door panel snaps out with 2-3 plastic tabs poking out. You also will then have to disconnect the various electrical connectors -- power window, power mirrors, door light, speakers, and central locking.
You will also have to disconnect the door handle rod from the interior handle, prior to setting the panel aside. Your window problem is likely the same as I experienced on my '99 Trep. The window runs inside of tracks on each side. On the bottom there are "brackets" which hold the window and are also bolted to the power window apparatus. Over time and vibration, these brackets can break off their mounts on either side causing the window to go up and down (but especially up) in strange angles or not even at all. The bracket can be found at most any mopar dealer and is fairly easy to install. Best of Luck.....Be careful carrying around that big piece of glass - it's heavier than you might think!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver's door panel