2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

check engine light code P0522

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Blue Lightning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wanted to mention my problem with this error code P0522 and what it took to resolve.

I have a 2007 Charger RT 5.7 and had error code P0522 and also the idiot light would come on at idle low oil pressure. i did some research on the forums and found that the oil pressure switch/sensor would be the issue. so i went down to the auto supply and got a new BWD brand unit and installed it. it was a bit of a PITA but got it done. i fired her up and the idiot light went off but the check engine light came back on. i checked the codes again and P0522 came back which indicates low voltage at oil pressure switch. well i figured maybe i got a defective switch/sensor or oil pressure too low. i checked the pressure and all ok and all wiring and connections were good so must be the sensor/switch so i returned it and got a new one. fired her up and same code and check engine light on, the idiot light still not coming on.
After a lot of hair pulling and trying to figure out what the problem was i ran across a web post for the same issue and the mechanic that replied said " I would not trust a BWD sensor and said he recommended getting a genuine mopar unit. i then went and purchased one at the Dodge dealer, installed it and what do you know? it worked, all is fine. no error codes, no check engine light!!!

I will be trying to return the other BWD product and i recommend when you need parts for your Dodge, GET GENUINE MOPAR PARTS!!!!

Old 09-06-2015, 04:44 PM
boatmoter
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you either have a resistance problem in the oil pressure circuit or you have a defective oil pressure switch, read my post under my name,boatmoter in the search bar, this may be a great help to you

Old 11-24-2022, 05:14 AM
Dirtywerk
Amateur
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm a little late to this thread. My son gave me his '05 Neon that he bought slightly used in 2006 from a retired lady that was disturbed how the brake and oil lights would come then go off at random intervals with the dealer saying it was normal. My son said he always checked the oil level each time the light came on to find it stayed at full so wasn't anything to worry about. I found the same thing while driving it for two years until the oil lamp and CEL came on at the same time. This time I found the oil level to be 1/2 quart low so topped it off with the oil lamp staying off. I did shine a flashlight down behind the engine to notice something was wet with oil, so figured the oil pressure sensor was now leaking oil. Drove 32 miles into town to buy the sensor to have the oil light kick on again pulling into the parking lot at AutoZone. Checked the oil level to find it was down 1/2 quart again. Bought the sensor then drove over to Walmart to by beer and a gallon of Pennzoil for $21. Topped up the oil level and drove home with the light staying off. Checked the oil level to find it was still full. Then the weather became cold and wet for the next two months so left the sensor alone since the oil level stayed the same. Now it's coming on again and throwing a code when the oil level hasn't dropped a bit. Think I better change out that sensor now it'll be warmer and drier for the next week instead of continuing to press my luck.

Quick Reply: check engine light code P0522