2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Vibration issues when stopped at an intersction

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Izero
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Vibration issues when stopped at an intersction

ha.... so ur just returning the car just like that...? well ok and im not sure about there being a recall on the computer...and im VERY sure that he would not be able to reflash the pcm b/c thats something the dealer does b/c they are the only ones with the programs to do it but w/e... i bet the guy just cleared the engine code... and i doubt u have a messed up head gasket or leaking valves... i'd suggest a complete tune up... plugs and wires at least and see if that fixes it.... but if u already returned it to where u got it from...well g/l haha

Old 05-01-2008, 08:31 AM
KARR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did you retun your car? Hey I need to try that with turning the key.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:28 PM
dishawcues

Hey Zero,
thanks for your input. Walt's automotive in Syracuse NY are all legate. Been with them for years, nobody could more competent and trustworthy. They do indeed have access to the upgrade. But did not do anything once they found low compression in cyclnder 1.
Are you suggesting that there could be other issues that could create low compression in a cyclnder which resulted in an engine error code:
P0301?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:24 PM
inthewerks
Veteran

a leak in your cylinder head gasket can cause a compression leak problem. and as stated above, ive never heard of any mechanic other than the dealer to do a pcm flash. and there are no recalls on the pcm. you can check on this site yourself under the link dodgerecalls and tsb's. if you think they are reliable thats fine but something sounds fishy to me. take it back to the dealer, have them replace the head gasket and recheck compression. they should do this work for you for free if your car is still under a warranty that you can bring it back like you said. good luck.

Quick Reply: Vibration issues when stopped at an intersction