2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

How do i get to the speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
KrazyPyro77
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do i get to the speakers?

Just a quicky.. i got a '03 neon SXT and i wanna get to the back speakers.. but its got the seatbelts and whatnot on it. I need to change out the speakers and cant seem to pull it off.. at least afraid that somethings going to snap when i get it off. so should i be worried or is there another way to get to those speakers?
-Scott

Old 04-29-2008, 06:30 PM
Pablodragon
All Star
Default RE: How do i get to the speakers?

maybe do a quick search here for something like 'rear speaker removal'

I think the correct way is a pain...the whole rear seat (starting with the bottom?) needs to be removed

...but I have seen posts that say they just get the fabric covering or something off the top and then you can get to the rear speakers

Old 04-29-2008, 06:42 PM
mat663
All Star

I had to change mines, and like Pablodragon said, I just removed the fabric that was on top of the speakers. First you take off the rear pillars, then you have access to remove the fabric. The fabric wont come off all the way, it will still have the seatbelt treading through it. It just comes off and you put it down on the seat (with the seat belts still in them) and you have access to the speakers. then you put them back.
Hope this helps

Old 04-29-2008, 08:11 PM
SiX1N9N3
Rookie

if u have a car u should buy a owners manual on working on your car... only about $25

Old 04-29-2008, 10:11 PM
Freerider
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: SiX1N9N3

if u have a car u should buy a owners manual on working on your car... only about $25
+1, I have 3

1 in my room, 1 in my garage, one in my trunk.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
superdan
Rookie

i just had to install all the seatbelts, i had the back pillars off and the whole rear seat offcould have changed them if i some to put in or wanted to...dont know if that would help...i would say take the back pillars off and the top rear seat off and you should be able to get the carpet off...

Old 04-30-2008, 04:58 AM
DouglasSXT
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Freerider

ORIGINAL: SiX1N9N3

+1, I have 3

1 in my room, 1 in my garage, one in my trunk.
That's when you know you own a Neon... You have to have a repair manual with you at all times!!! LMAO

Old 04-30-2008, 08:48 AM
capo180

take off back pillars.. and take off the carpet that covers the speakers.. and unscrew them.. the back screws are hard to get to though i had to use a 1/4 rachet with a screw driver attachment..

Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
blackflame
Captain

most instructions will tell you to pop up the back seat. Then unscrew the uh...backboard(I don't know what its called..the other half lol) and then lift up the carpet. Thats what I did. I just had to go to autozone and buy a size 52 torx(I think it was 52).

Old 04-30-2008, 04:14 PM
KrazyPyro77

OK NEW PROBLEM!!
alright well after tearin up so to say the back fabric ****.. im able to get to those guessing theyre 9 inch long ovals by the look.. thats fine ill have to take the whole fabric off to install.. NOW
(all the stock **** blows sorry) im getting to the side speakers right on the door.. im having a Little problem prying it off.. theres one obvious screw right on the right.. theres a hidden where a hand can go near the handle.. took off the power window thing.. the top can be lifted up and out like an inch.. but the whole bottom and the entire right side is stuck on.. theres 2 screws next to where the metal goes for the door hinge but that would be dumb to do that im guessing.. theres no other screws.. and afraid i may break something if i just pull it because thats what it sounds like.. any ideas on any other things i can do.. or is it a stap on kinda thing.. all my past well my past car had them at the door.. the ****ing speaker is covered by the stupid holes.. but it does NOT come off and not 2 peices.. which i find retarded.. but anyways.. any ideas on this one???
-Scott

Quick Reply: How do i get to the speakers?