2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Blinker/Flasher issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 02:46 PM
artfx2
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker/Flasher issues

I recently replaced my 00 Neon taillights with leds. To remedy the fast flashing, i replaced the flasher unit in the steering colum with a multi load flasher. Everything worked great until i tried the hazard lights. There was a buzzing so i turned them off. Now there are no blinkers or hazard lights with the original flasher back in. I found a blown 15a fuse under the hood and replaced, still nothing. All other funtions work fine. Any help out there?
Thanks

Old 12-30-2008, 03:28 PM
mcfisher1980
Veteran

you might want to pull the cover off the column and check the cluster for the turn signals and flashers with a volt meter. it could be burnt out.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:28 PM
srtgtr34
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by artfx2
I recently replaced my 00 Neon taillights with leds. To remedy the fast flashing, i replaced the flasher unit in the steering colum with a multi load flasher. Everything worked great until i tried the hazard lights. There was a buzzing so i turned them off. Now there are no blinkers or hazard lights with the original flasher back in. I found a blown 15a fuse under the hood and replaced, still nothing. All other funtions work fine. Any help out there?
Thanks
Did you check the relay that you just installed maybe you blew that??

There is no true relay that is made specifically for the neon that will stop the fast flash, but their is one solution. Go to your local dodge dealer and order a mfs relay for a 2003 and up neon. Once you get the relay take it apart and follow what this link says to do.
http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=9383
This mod is essentially the cutting of the connection of your warning that a light is malfunctioning.
When you replace your lighting with leds that get used for turn signals your relay thinks that a bulb is going bad due to the low power usage by led lighting so it causes your flashers to blink at twice their normal rate. With Nighthawk's mod your flashers will only blink slightly more than stock.
I have a relay on the way for my led lighting so I have not yet done his mod.

Quick Reply: Blinker/Flasher issues