backwardsone
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what can i do to my dodge neon se to make it faster

cant find nething to put into my car could someone help me

Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM
SXTspeed
Veteran

I am selling a K&N Cold Air Intake that will increase your fuel economy as well as increase intake sound and throttle response. It won't really increase horsepower much but the car feels like it has more kick than it usually would. They're like $220 new. The one I am selling has about 3,000 miles on it and it comes with everything in the original box, selling for $175 but maybe negotiable. I also have a box for 4 brand new NGK V-Power Spark plugs for sale.

(Also selling a car cover and stock catback exhaust from my SXT)

Old 02-16-2009, 12:11 PM
nineball
Rookie

drive downhill

Old 02-16-2009, 12:16 PM
one_disturbed_person
Rookie

Start with a new intake, then a new exhaust. I would also do an underdrive pulley. Oh, and pick up the High Performance Dodge Neon Builder's Handbook. I love that book. It really helps you pick out the correct products. IMO, best $20 I spent on my car. As far as an intake, I got mine form Insys-USA on Ebay. I think it was like $40 shipped. Maybe you should check them out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/High-...sQ5fLiterature
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...1%7C240%3A1318
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-05...1%7C240%3A1318

The latter link is the one I have. Love it. Just be sure to oil the filter before you install.

Daniel

Old 02-16-2009, 04:01 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

r u lookin for simple bolt ons? or u want cams, and internal stuff also??? just wonderin??
if i were u go look on modernperformance.com and check out there neon site

Old 02-17-2009, 12:24 AM
Kath
Rookie

cheaply? get a cold air intake, and an underdrive pulley. 2-3 hundred dollars.

relatively cheaply, have someone make you a larger diameter cat-back exhaust, or get a premade performance cat-back exhaust. several hundred dollars.

less cheaply, get a short or mid tube header & high flow catalytic converter to attach to that cat-back exhaust, and a throttle body & milled intake manifold to attach to that CAI. over a thousand here.

from there you can head towards either turbocharging, or internal engine work, or both... for several thousand dollars. but really this is where you start to see a really dramatic increase in power, although the steps above will add to your fuel efficiency while giving you a bit more pep, with racing cams & turbos & such you'll see a loss of economy on top of the mods cost.

also, lowering the car an inch or so with new springs & struts, & adding a stiffer front antisway bar in front, and putting in a rear antisway bar... coupled with H/V/Z rated tires that are wider but narrower profile than stock will make it handle nicer. or 17" wheels for even more firmness & a bit of style. 1-2 thousand there depending on wheels.

have fun!

Old 02-17-2009, 01:28 AM
backwardsone

im mainly just looking for simple bolt ons for now. what would i need to do to put a turbo into it?

Old 02-17-2009, 08:40 AM
dtjackten

alot, and about three k... need manifold, fuel system, turbo, downpipe, intercooler, intercooler piping, bov, just a small list, that does not include the stuff that adds up fast such as fittings and lines...

if u are looking for bolt ons go with the above stuff, exhaust and intake... if u want to get more performance go with a port and polished head... that will give u a good responce... but think about spending about 1000-1500 for a head

Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
mannyfresh18
Veteran

lol why dont u guys just tell him to do a srt-4 engine swap.
much cheaper than bolt ons.

and i mean that in the sense that it would take alot of bolt ons and internal mods to make it even seemma little fast and then to turbo it well that a whole nother story and im pretty sure the engine swap would give him the power he would want.

Last edited by mannyfresh18; 02-17-2009 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:17 PM
dtjackten

just remember some state laws do not allow engine swaps, that is why i never suggest them, my state being one of them... can not get them to pass emission testing...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what can i do to my dodge neon se to make it faster