2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

HELP! CAM Sensor Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 07:38 PM
hunter20
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! CAM Sensor Problem

Hi,

My Neon keeps giving me a sensor problem code of P0344, which is the CAM sensor. I replaced the sensor, and the car ran fine for a day, and then the check engine light came back on. Whenever the light is on (which is constantly now), the cruise control won't work either. After doing some research, I checked to see if oil was behind the sensor and disrupting it. It was covered in oil, so I cleaned it and put it back on. The car drove fine for about 30 minutes, and then the check engine light came back on and the cruise control stopped working. The car also runs pretty rough. Yet, I'm still getting the P0344 code. We also checked the PCV valve to see if it was clogged, and it wasn't. I don't know what else to do. Is there a seal perhaps that I can replace to stop the oil from getting behind the sensor? The Associates at AutoZone didn't know of one, but nothing else makes sense. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Old 05-29-2009, 01:06 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

There is a seal on the end of the cam? There is a hydrostatic something or other seal somewhere around there...

Quick Reply: HELP! CAM Sensor Problem