2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2000 Neon NO SPARK

Old 06-09-2010, 11:24 AM
charlitos12
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ive check everything already, i took out all the harness an inspected wire by wire. took me like 2 hours haa nothing wrong with it. checked coil with voltmeter an everthing is up to spec. changed all sensors an still not getting any spark to the coils ..... i also checked the relays im thinkin it might be the pcm???.. plz help

Old 06-09-2010, 12:25 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by charlitos12
yeah ive check everything already, i took out all the harness an inspected wire by wire. took me like 2 hours haa nothing wrong with it. checked coil with voltmeter an everthing is up to spec. changed all sensors an still not getting any spark to the coils ..... i also checked the relays im thinkin it might be the pcm???.. plz help
You can't really 100% check the output on coil packs with a voltmeter because they have two different outputs. You can check the...primary circuit, I believe it is, but not the secondary.

Old 06-09-2010, 01:57 PM
charlitos12

i read the obd1 codes an all i got was 12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles (normal.13 No change in MAP from start to run . an 55 end of codes.... dont know what else to do.. an is the pcm from a 93 neon rt the same as a pcm from a 95? can it work???

Old 06-09-2010, 02:34 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by charlitos12
i read the obd1 codes an all i got was 12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 key-on cycles (normal.13 No change in MAP from start to run . an 55 end of codes.... dont know what else to do.. an is the pcm from a 93 neon rt the same as a pcm from a 95? can it work???
You do realize this is the 2nd Gen section (2000-2005)? You might get better 1st Gen responses about the computers and such in the 1st Gen section.

Old 02-10-2016, 02:47 PM
rlspringer

On the passenger side of the engine there are two ground wires one goes from the body to the motor mount and the other goes to the back of the head If someone has mistakenly put both wires on to the motor mount the car will not startI just went through this with mine Replaced everything it was driving me crazy and then I happened to notice The wire In the wrong place Not enough ground for the injectors or spark

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Neon NO SPARK