2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car alarm how to disable !

Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
houndog97
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car alarm how to disable !

Anyone know how to disable the factory alarm? Maybe through the fuses? I have the horn disconnected because it's going off at night and waking everyone up must be a sensor. I called the stealership and they want 97 dollars just to look at it, and told me if it's the sensor it's 200 dollars and up. I'd rather disable it I have the horn disconnected but would like it back ! Anyone ever have this problem and can help me?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
houndog97
Rookie

Decided to take it to an alarm shop and they managed to find the wire coming out of the pcm for the horn and cut it i guess. Cost me 60 bucks but at least i got my horn back. Lights will flash at night but not the horn which is what i wanted. I didn't get this car new and now I know never to get a factory alarm installed from a stealership ! Lesson learned, if anyone has another work around i would love to hear solution.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

If your lights come on at night, you better be watching your battery. I would have had it professionally fixed.

Old 06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparkyle
If your lights come on at night, you better be watching your battery. I would have had it professionally fixed.
This is a solid piece of advice I'd take into serious consideration. That alarm shop should have done more than just cut a wire IMO.

Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM
houndog97
Rookie

I think they rerouted the wire because the horn still works and as far as the lights killing the battery I don't think so because it's the first time it's happened and only for maybe 2 mins? I do carry a spare battery with me at all times... i know this sounds crazy but at age 52 i'm god dam tired of being stranded by battery situation. Also comes in handy during hurricane season !

Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by houndog97
I do carry a spare battery with me at all times... i know this sounds crazy but at age 52 i'm god dam tired of being stranded by battery situation. Also comes in handy during hurricane season !
LOL, I suppose it would! Battery situations suck, bad. I got mine last year; not fun!

Old 06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
Moparkyle
All Star

I think you're in the clear then, hopefully you live in a good area where people won't touch your car lol.

Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 PM
houndog97
Rookie

I park it in the driveway and I have a CCTV recording all the time. I know this won't prevent it from being stolen but neither will that dam alarm because all you have to do is pull up to the bumper and in a second tow it away and the alarm won't go off ! Good news is that they don't steal alot of cars here it's mostly kids taking them for a joy ride. I had another car stolen and got it back believe it or not ! Now I park it in the driveway and lock it good with two of those clubs and turn the wheels and hope for the best. I'm in miami now but i was raised in brooklyn ny and over there if you get your car stolen forget about it you never see it again it goes straight to the chop shop !

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car alarm how to disable !