Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Car alarm how to disable !

Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now

Default Car alarm how to disable !

Anyone know how to disable the factory alarm? Maybe through the fuses? I have the horn disconnected because it's going off at night and waking everyone up must be a sensor. I called the stealership and they want 97 dollars just to look at it, and told me if it's the sensor it's 200 dollars and up. I'd rather disable it I have the horn disconnected but would like it back ! Anyone ever have this problem and can help me?
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
Old 06-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now

Decided to take it to an alarm shop and they managed to find the wire coming out of the pcm for the horn and cut it i guess. Cost me 60 bucks but at least i got my horn back. Lights will flash at night but not the horn which is what i wanted. I didn't get this car new and now I know never to get a factory alarm installed from a stealership ! Lesson learned, if anyone has another work around i would love to hear solution.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:07 PM
All Star
2013 Dodge Dart

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Neon. 2013 Dodge Dart.

If your lights come on at night, you better be watching your battery. I would have had it professionally fixed.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:30 PM
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2003 Dodge Neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparkyle View Post
If your lights come on at night, you better be watching your battery. I would have had it professionally fixed.
This is a solid piece of advice I'd take into serious consideration. That alarm shop should have done more than just cut a wire IMO.

Torque Strut Alignment Procedure | Maintenance Info | '00-'02 FSM | '03-'05 FSM | FAQ and Performance Thread

Please do not PM me questions about your Neon. Start a thread. Your questions will be answered quicker that way.
If you do PM me, expect a 1-2 week wait for a reply.
All FSM pictures, pages and information: 2003 DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now

I think they rerouted the wire because the horn still works and as far as the lights killing the battery I don't think so because it's the first time it's happened and only for maybe 2 mins? I do carry a spare battery with me at all times... i know this sounds crazy but at age 52 i'm god dam tired of being stranded by battery situation. Also comes in handy during hurricane season !
Old 06-11-2010, 01:54 PM
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
2003 Dodge Neon

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndog97 View Post
I do carry a spare battery with me at all times... i know this sounds crazy but at age 52 i'm god dam tired of being stranded by battery situation. Also comes in handy during hurricane season !
LOL, I suppose it would! Battery situations suck, bad. I got mine last year; not fun!

Torque Strut Alignment Procedure | Maintenance Info | '00-'02 FSM | '03-'05 FSM | FAQ and Performance Thread

Please do not PM me questions about your Neon. Start a thread. Your questions will be answered quicker that way.
If you do PM me, expect a 1-2 week wait for a reply.
All FSM pictures, pages and information: 2003 DaimlerChrysler Corporation
Old 06-11-2010, 02:00 PM
All Star
2013 Dodge Dart

Vehicle: 2003 Dodge Neon. 2013 Dodge Dart.

I think you're in the clear then, hopefully you live in a good area where people won't touch your car lol.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 PM
Rookie
Garage is empty, add now

I park it in the driveway and I have a CCTV recording all the time. I know this won't prevent it from being stolen but neither will that dam alarm because all you have to do is pull up to the bumper and in a second tow it away and the alarm won't go off ! Good news is that they don't steal alot of cars here it's mostly kids taking them for a joy ride. I had another car stolen and got it back believe it or not ! Now I park it in the driveway and lock it good with two of those clubs and turn the wheels and hope for the best. I'm in miami now but i was raised in brooklyn ny and over there if you get your car stolen forget about it you never see it again it goes straight to the chop shop !
Old 06-11-2010, 10:53 PM