2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Dodge Neon 03 P0344 HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Helenator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Neon 03 P0344 HELP!!!!

Hi I have a 2003 dodge neon and it is showing a P0344-CAMSHAFT POSITION SENSOR INTERMITTENT. My car isn't running aswell as it usually does, it backfires, and its slows down then speeds up or the car turns off while driving. A couple of months ago I got my PCV valve and PCV breather replaced, my car has had that engine code since. I looked under the hood with my father and saw that the PCV breather wasn't attached, so we attached it and the car ran great for about 15 mins, then the light came back on and the car instantly started driving like crap again. I don't know what to do??? I called the dealership and they said it would cost me alot just to figure out what is wrong. I am a student and can't really afford much, PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! What can I do??

Helen

Old 09-12-2010, 09:57 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the site. I will move this thread to the second generation Neon section,
FF

Old 09-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Pablodragon
All Star

Replace the camshaft position sensor.

It's pretty easy even with someone with limited mechanical skills.

Its a small square sensor located on the drivers side of the engine, right below the valve cover... right behind the battery. is held on with 4 bolts

think you'll pay between 20 to 25 bucks for the part at a local auto parts store

bolts are a little tricky to get at.... A/C lines may need to be pushed aside..and it helps greatly to remove the battery.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:33 AM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Just replaced mine also just look at the wiring to the cam shaft sensor and see how that is mine was bad so it burned my sensor out and replaced both and now shes better than ever and even the gas mileage is way better than before. If you get it from autozone its like 21bucks and has a two yr warrenty. Wiring had to get from dealership was 50bucks,

Old 09-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Helenator

Thank you guys!!! I am pretty mechanically inclined and I know where the cam sensor is so I am going to try this right away You have NO idea how happy I will be if this works!

I will check back in if it doesn't work.
But I think you guys just saved me alot of trouble

Thank you again

Old 09-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Merfy
Unhappy New situation!

Hello,
Before was giving a P0344 code, changed the cam and crank shaft sensors with the computer and still was giving the code until the new situation mentioned above. The code is gone, for now. The new situation is the A/C does not turn on, the air bag light, turned on and the power windows does not work. Any Ideas?

Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Checked your fuses and relays?

Quick Reply: Dodge Neon 03 P0344 HELP!!!!