2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2005 neon with front end noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 01:34 PM
randimorris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2005 neon with front end noise

Hey guys, just purchased a 2005 neon over the weekend and the only issue with it is a noise that seems to be coming from the passenger side front tire. When I take off from a stop it makes a rumble type noise but it doesn't do it all the time. When I take my foot off of the accelerator the noise is gone and it sometimes seems to go away after driving a little while. If I go over a bump you can hear it also. At first I thought a wheel bearing but shouldn't that be a constant noise? I am not quite sure what it is but wanted to try and get some ideas before I took it somewhere so I don't get completed screwed for being ignorant of what it may be. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 PM
djfriday

That sounds like engine mounts problems cause 3 engine mounts are on that side.. its probably the engine mount right next to the belts mine is making the same type of noise you are talking about..

Old 02-14-2011, 08:50 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yeah the upper and lower mounts are pretty close to the front wheel. Are you haveing any vibrations inside.

Old 02-15-2011, 09:05 AM
randimorris

There is a small vibration but not as much as I would have thought there would be if it was the mounts. (I had a Kia that needed new mounts and the vibration was horrible! but different cars different reactions) I was trying to pay more attention to it this morning on my way to work to see if I could add details that may help. From what I notice it seems worse when I first start the car up in the morning (makes the most noise) and isn't as bad the longer I drive. When I take my foot off of the gas it stops making it. It doesn't matter if I turn the wheel left or right, I still hear the noise. After I get up to about 45-50mph it doesn't really make it either. Would I be able to see the mounts when I open the hood so I can see what they look like? Thanks for the help

Quick Reply: 2005 neon with front end noise