2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

o4 neon wont start after going into a ditch.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 02:16 PM
slowsuby
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default o4 neon wont start after going into a ditch.

my friend wrecked his neon into a ditch and now the car dosnt want to start. they starter dosnt turn over but everything else is working. the fuel pump comes on etc. there are 2 wires hanging down from the harness and im not sure what they go to.one black and one yellow. they look like they went into a plug but i dont see where a plug is that they could reach to and they are located by the clutch slave under the starter. there was also a harness plug that goes into a panel that has 2 other plugs going into it. it was the top one that was unplugged. plugged that back in. still nothing. i jumped the starter and the car turn over and still wont start. i also cleared the computer and still car turns over still wont start.

Old 04-21-2012, 02:29 PM
slowsuby

ok so kept messing with it and got it to start and still will only start by jumpind the starter.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:22 AM
Moparkyle
All Star

Check for 12V on the S terminal on the solenoid, and check for 12V on the B terminal which is usually the larger wire.

Old 04-25-2012, 05:48 PM
slowsuby

Ok so what I figured out is that the car is cutting off the ground to the starter and fuel pump relay.

Quick Reply: o4 neon wont start after going into a ditch.