2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Compass/Temp Module - Default Startup

Old 02-16-2011, 01:21 PM
drmarkell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Compass/Temp Module - Default Startup

Hello all,

I've got a recent problem that I can't seem to find an answer to. It's a 2003 Dodge SX 2.0 R/T (Canadian Neon). I've had this car since new and I have no big complaints. Up until recently, the overhead outside temperature display has always displayed the temp in degrees Celsius. Now, it seems to default to Fahrenheit. It's easy enough to reset, but why is it doing this? Anyone know of a way to change the default back to Celsius? The compass and temperature display work fine otherwise.

Many thanks.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:28 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You have the owner's manual?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:46 PM
drmarkell

Of course. It tells you how to calibrate the compass, and switch between Fahrenheit and Celsius.

Old 02-16-2011, 11:18 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I was asking if you have the owner's manual because I was wondering if there is some sort of procedure for the default, but I guess not.

Here's a self-test you can try and see what happens:
COMPASS/TEMPERATURE MIRROR SELF DIAGNOSTIC TEST

NOTE: If the ignition switch is turned off during any period of the self diagnostic procedure, the mirror will exit the self diagnostic mode.

NOTE: Pressing and releasing the zone/calibration button will exit the self diagnostic mode and return to the standard compass/temperature mode

To perform the compass/temperature mirror self diagnostic routine:
  • Turn the ignition to the ON position.
  • Press and hold the zone/calibration (left reading lamp button) button for 20 to 25 seconds.
  • During testing, if any of the test fail, a “F” will appear. If more than one test fail, “F0” will appear. If “F” or F0” appear, replace the compass/temperature mirror. (Refer to 23 - BODY/INTERIOR/REAR VIEW MIRROR - REMOVAL).
  • If a “P” is displayed, that indicates that the compass/temperature mirror has passed the self diagnostic procedure.

Last edited by darthroush; 02-16-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:39 PM
drmarkell

None of that key on, key off stuff seems to be available on this car. My PT gave me way more information. I'll give what you suggest a try and report back.

Thanks

Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 PM
drmarkell

Well, I tried the diagnostic test. I got P1, P2, F3 and P4. I'm guessing I'll have to replace the mirror because, since I did the test, the thing refuses to tell me I'm going in any direction but South. Not a bad thing maybe, because I'll be heading South in couple of weeks anyway. Redundant too because my GPS tells me where I'm going, but I would still like to get the default back to Celsius.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Compass/Temp Module - Default Startup