2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

02 SE to 03+ Front End Swap

Old 10-29-2011, 04:55 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good! I also left the grille out, and while I thought it looked a bit "cooler," it still looked odd and there was nothing for the top of the bumper to connect to the car with.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:22 AM
ramzm
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by darthroush
Looks good! I also left the grille out, and while I thought it looked a bit "cooler," it still looked odd and there was nothing for the top of the bumper to connect to the car with.
You never put the grill in?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:43 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

I didn't completely re-install the bumper. I just "test fitted" the bumper seeing what it looked like leaving certain pieces out. It doesn't look right unless everything is there. I do know people that have taken the grille out. It looks a bit nicer, yeah, but you can tell it should be there.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:48 PM
MJSchutt
Amateur

Where did you buy that bumper cover? I just bought an 03, but it doesn't have the fog lights.
Did it come painted white?

Last edited by MJSchutt; 10-30-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:17 PM
ramzm
Rookie

Originally Posted by MJSchutt
Where did you buy that bumper cover? I just bought an 03, but it doesn't have the fog lights.
Did it come painted white?
There's a place here locally called Astar. The bumper cost $32. It came primed black. I sanded it a bit with 600 grit sand paper so the paint would stick. Then bought some paint from an auto paint store that came in spray cans, $7 per can. I only used three cans but should have put a few more coats on but still looks good. The grill was $35 new from a wrecking yard. I had to order the chrome inserts which came to $80. I converted from 02 to 03+ so I had to buy the headlights too which were $47 a piece. Cost about $300 total for the swap but well worth it as I think this is a much better look for the car. Sounds like all you would need is the bumper with fog lights so should be much less for you. I still need to buy the fog lights and the spoiler and tint the windows. I also want to smoke out the lenses as I think the white with smoked lenses will look sweet. My Mitsubishi Spyder is patriot red (kind of a maroonish color) and all the lenses are smoked and the rims are black with a chrome ring and it looks hot!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:26 AM
MJSchutt
Amateur

Originally Posted by ramzm
There's a place here locally called Astar. The bumper cost $32. It came primed black. I sanded it a bit with 600 grit sand paper so the paint would stick. Then bought some paint from an auto paint store that came in spray cans, $7 per can. I only used three cans but should have put a few more coats on but still looks good. The grill was $35 new from a wrecking yard. I had to order the chrome inserts which came to $80. I converted from 02 to 03+ so I had to buy the headlights too which were $47 a piece. Cost about $300 total for the swap but well worth it as I think this is a much better look for the car. Sounds like all you would need is the bumper with fog lights so should be much less for you. I still need to buy the fog lights and the spoiler and tint the windows. I also want to smoke out the lenses as I think the white with smoked lenses will look sweet. My Mitsubishi Spyder is patriot red (kind of a maroonish color) and all the lenses are smoked and the rims are black with a chrome ring and it looks hot!
Is it the one in Spokane? Cause I live in Everett and even though driving from the beginning of SR 2 to the end sounds like a fun way to spend a day and a half, I'd rather not.

Old 11-02-2011, 12:15 PM
ramzm
Rookie

Ya I bought it here in Spokane. Might call and see what they charge to ship to you

Old 04-03-2015, 10:20 PM
malak210
Question Help

i have a question do the tail lights of a 2004 neon fit on a 2002 neon and if they do do i have to modify anything ?

Old 04-06-2015, 04:05 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yes, and yes. You'll need the 03-05 rear bumper. You also don't need to use a gigantic size font, either

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02 SE to 03+ Front End Swap