2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2004 dodge neon sxt vibration

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 03:24 AM
jwbeez
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2004 dodge neon sxt vibration

i have replaced 2 motor mounts on my neon both on passenger side when excelerating motor still has vibration but when goes into overdrive vibration disappears any sugestions

Old 12-29-2012, 08:27 PM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

When you say you replaced 2 motor mounts on the passenger side, I assume you're talking about the torque struts right? And did you do the torque strut alignment procedure afterwards? From my experience having a vibration while Accelerating is usually caused by a bad right side engine mount. Also, you could search this forum and find a lot of useful information.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 PM
jwbeez
Default 2004 dodge neon sxt vibration

yes i changed the 2 torque struts on passenger side i am changing the transmissio mount on other side tomorrow but where can i find the specs to set the torque struts that have already been changed

Old 12-31-2012, 08:27 PM
richards83
Professional

I saw a nice write up darthroush did on the torque strut alignment, but now I can't find it. Maybe he can point you in the right direction. I would definately check that before spending anymore money on it. I've worked on quite a few Neons and I haven't seen a transmission mount fail yet. If adjusting the torque struts doesn't fix it, it's probably your R/H engine mount which is a pita. It's about half way between the 2 torque struts and it's in the subframe, so it's pretty much impossible to inspect. Best time to inspect/replace it is when you change the timing belt.

Last edited by richards83; 12-31-2012 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added info
Old 01-01-2013, 06:01 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The search feature isn't working for whatever reason. Waaaaaaaay too tired to do another right up at the moment. Here are some pictures I have though that should suffice though in lieu of the mini write-up:

Vibration while accelerating is usually indicative of a bad engine mount. I'd stick with an OEM mount as aftermarket ones are not fluid-filled and will subsequently cause vibration.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
eric512x

I have to replace the right motor mount in my 2003 Dodge Neon with a 2.0L engine. I have gotten to the step in the repair manual where I have to remove the three bolts which hold the engine mount bracket to the engine. However, there was absolutely no space to insert a ratchet with a 15mm socket into the space to unscrew the bolts. I got the bottom one unscrewed but was not able to remove it due to the length of the screw.
My question is how can I properly remove the engine mount bracket?

Old 01-24-2013, 01:23 PM
TejasMtnBiker
Captain

I always jack the motor up an down some and use a box end wrench, forget the size 12-16mm I think. Just don't jack on the eng with new motor mounts & struts mounts completely for this as they will not take much stress from jacking

Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM
richards83
Professional

Yeah, it's best to have a floor jack since you have to raise and lower the engine several times during the process. After you get the bolts threaded out of the block, you can pull them out about half way, wiggle the engine mount bracket out, then remove the bolts. Same deal when you put the bracket back in. Put the bolts in the bracket, wiggle the bracket into place, then thread the bolts in. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 2004 dodge neon sxt vibration