2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2001 Neon Cross member Frame..Not Good!

Old 05-11-2013, 02:08 PM
WhiteZombie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2001 Neon Cross member Frame..Not Good!

I have a question about a 2001 Neon that I just got for $1100.00 about 3 weeks ago. Before I purchased this car (private sale) I looked an the cross member frame and it looked fine, a few couple weeks later I removed the front tires and noticed that the frame is not good.. I brought to my mechanic and he told me, will not pass inspection in November. (Here is New Brunswick, Canada. You have to have yearly inspections on your vehicles.) The rest of the car is good, the under part of the car is good, hardly any rust the brake lines are still black hardly any rust. The body is in great shape just a few surface repairs. However, the rocker panel one side needs to me fixed has a nice hole.. But this is an easy fix.. I can do body work myself. The question I have is called the dealership here in New Brunswick, Canada and a new improved cross member k-frame will cost me $600.00.. My mechanic told me that about 3 hours he can have it installed.. The car itself has 230,000 km's on the engine.. What do you all think I should do? Save the money to buy a new frame or save and buy another car??

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks!

Old 05-11-2013, 04:09 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The answer is rather simple in my opinion: if you think spending $600 plus 3 hours of labor is cheaper than saving and buying another car, then buy the crossmember. If the frame really is the only thing wrong with it, why chance buying another car that could have more problems?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2001 Neon Cross member Frame..Not Good!