2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2001 ACR Camber Alignment Bolts to get -2.4deg???

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 08:34 AM
MoparNeon2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 ACR Camber Alignment Bolts to get -2.4deg???

I have a 01 factory correct full delete, 55,000 mile, ACR (1 of 8 white cars produced in the USA). This year I pulled it out of mothballs to run in the SCCA H stock class. Even with a novice like me behind the wheel the car is highly competitive with the factory setup. I found out that Dodge has "racing" alignment specs for the ACR. The service manual calls for a Mopar Camber Adjusting Bolt Package that is suppose to be an undersized bolt that allows for 1 degree of adjustment per bolt. With 2 bolts per strut you get 2 degrees & then the strut grind spec you can pick up the remainder of the -2.4 degrees of camber (frt end only). I ordered the pack which is supposedly part# 5019074AA. The bolts I received are basically the same size as the original one we removed from the car & will no way get me 1 degree per bolt. Does anyone know anything about the correct bolts that I would need? Or does anyone have the dimensional specs on the bolts so maybe I can match them to something in the Dodge parts bin? We ended up using Moog adjustment bolts to get -2.3 degrees. I believe I can still run in the stock class but I would like to put the correct Dodge Kit in the car to have it all original parts.-Ozzy

Old 05-18-2013, 04:06 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's the part number I've seen for that kit and the same info as far as one bolt gets you one degree, with a max of two degrees with two bolts on the same strut. I've also seen that you can slot the bottom hole for more adjustment. Have you gotten a measured 0° before and after, or are just guessing you have gotten 0°? I haven't heard of anyone not getting any adjustment (unless perhaps the car already had those bolts on it).

Old 05-18-2013, 07:10 AM
MoparNeon2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. I have had my ACR since 5,400 miles so I am pretty sure it has the original bolts. Maybe there are some adjustment packs out there that someone got the stock size bolts in by mistake.??? Do you happen to know what the dimensions on the adjustment bolts are suppose to be? If I can track down the specs I can compare them to what I have to know for sure.-Ozzy

Quick Reply: 2001 ACR Camber Alignment Bolts to get -2.4deg???