2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Am I able to replace the speakers in my 01 Plymouth Neon?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 04:02 PM
jfrost231
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I able to replace the speakers in my 01 Plymouth Neon?

I have a 2001 Dodge Plymouth Neon 4Dr Automatic and I was wondering if I was able to replace the speakers? My car is pretty standard, the only electronics are the speakers, no power windows or locks. It has 4 speakers 2 in the upper corners of the dash near the windshield and one speaker on the driver side door and one on the passenger side door. I cant just take them out, so am I able to replace them? If so, how? Is this a job more for a mechanic than something I can do by myself? How much would it cost to replace them?

Old 09-08-2013, 05:42 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can you do it yourself: yes. Remove the panels covering the speakers and undo the four screws on each speaker. R&R. How much you will spend depends on what you buy. Crutchfield is a great place to look at many options in one place and will show you what will fit into your car.

Old 09-09-2013, 03:17 PM
JoseyWales
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jfrost231
I have a 2001 Dodge Plymouth Neon 4Dr Automatic and I was wondering if I was able to replace the speakers? My car is pretty standard, the only electronics are the speakers, no power windows or locks. It has 4 speakers 2 in the upper corners of the dash near the windshield and one speaker on the driver side door and one on the passenger side door. I cant just take them out, so am I able to replace them? If so, how? Is this a job more for a mechanic than something I can do by myself? How much would it cost to replace them?
there easy to replace..dash has 4 screws in it..2 at the defrost vent in the center of the dash..1 on each end of the dash ..you'll see them when you open your doors..the rest is cliped in..easy to pop them..door if you dont have a window crank clip removal tool,use a old rag go around back and forth and the clip should pop out..Id replace most of my speakers..there thumpers too..wife is jellious because my front door speaker light up blue to the music..lol..

Quick Reply: Am I able to replace the speakers in my 01 Plymouth Neon?