2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

trying to find an AC leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:50 AM
jaye944
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default trying to find an AC leak

trying to locate an AC leak, that is very slow.
Had the dye put in and the guys in the garage coulndt find anything, though they said if it is leaking it could be in the condensor which is behind the dash,
I used the UV light and check as much of the hoses, and feeds etc thaI could, no leak aparent
but I could not find the "radiator" for the AC to check it. anyone has any ideas on this and where I can check the leak ?
also the cndeor ehind the daish i that a common issue and is it ard o get to to check?
thanks

Old 09-25-2013, 02:04 PM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The A/C condensor is actually in front of the radiator. The evaporator is in the HVAC housing, which is behind the dash. It wouldn't be that uncommon for the evaporator to develop a leak. It's a real PITA the first time you do it, because you have to remove the dash, steering coulumn, etc. If you decide to replace it, I highly recommend you replace the heater core while you have the HVAC housing removed from the car. It's more common for the heater core to leak and replacing it now will save you from doing all that work again later.

Old 09-28-2013, 01:15 PM
jaye944
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply Richard, I think he did say evap, I couldnt find the condensor so I'll have another look with my UV light

Thanks

Quick Reply: trying to find an AC leak