2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Dodge neon front end noises

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 08:12 PM
anonimoantonioanonimo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge neon front end noises

I have a dodge neon 2003. The noise comes from both front sides when i go through uneven roads o rough paths. It sounds like metal to metal clanking. I've had this noise for a while now, my mechanic said it was the plate bushings. So I replaced them and it worked for a while, like a week passed from the repair and I started to hear the same sound as before. I have replaced inner/outer tie rods on both driver and passenger side, and as I mentioned before, I replaced the Lower control arm bushings on both sides. The shocks are still holding on so I don't think that's the problem. Also when I'm parked I rock the steering side to side rapidly and a clanking noise comes from the steering or rack and pinion, I don't know. I already changed the sway bar bolts. Forgot to say that

So my question is, what may be causing this?

Please help!

Old 09-25-2013, 11:55 PM
j_son600
Veteran

Does it do it on heavy acceleration too? Check your upper and lower motor mounts, I was having similar issues to yours. Grab your upper motor mount and shake it, if loose its probably toast. New upper and lower mount and my neon is back smooth as ever.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
sbhawaiian
Professional

My 00 is having the same problem. I replaced control arms, struts w/new springs, sway bar bushings, all 4 motor mounts. It still squeaks when I push down on the front or go over bumps. One thing I found it that most parts I changed are aftermarket china. Rubber parts are hard compared to OEM and crack faster.

Quick Reply: Dodge neon front end noises