2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2nd Gen Neon Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:31 PM
majorityfew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 2nd Gen Neon Speaker Replacement

Hi Neoners, :-)

I've purchased a full Pioneer system for a reasonable price online from some advice of a friend.

Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Mobile Single Din In Dash CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth, MIXTRAX and Pandora: Electronics Amazon.com: Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Mobile Single Din In Dash CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth, MIXTRAX and Pandora: Electronics

I went to work on the front speakers first. Panel came off easy enough but it appears that the pioneer 6.5 / 6 3/4 size speakers don't lay into the stock plastic housing. I can take a photo when I get home here (hard at work or hardly working ;-) but as of right now there is no way I can house the speakers without some sort of modification.

Here are the speakers purchased:

Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers: Electronics Amazon.com: Pioneer TS-A1675R 6-1/2" 3-Way TS Series Coaxial Car Speakers: Electronics

From what I read in my Haynes manual and online this car is supposed to be equipped with 6.5's however I read online and see photos of 6 3/4 going right in there perfectly.... Any thoughts?

The holes for the screws barely inside the the ring of the plastic housing. There is little clearance for a screw here so I was thinking of a metal bracket of some kind?

~Thanks

Old 10-03-2013, 04:21 PM
majorityfew
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No insight into this issue? Pictures to come.

Bump.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:38 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm not 100% sure, but I recall there being some sort of spacer/adapter on the factory 6.5" speakers making it mount to the 6.75" space there, which is why (I guess) 6.75" speakers would mount right up. It's like a little plastic ring or something like that?

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Neon Speaker Replacement