2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Fog/Daytime Lights

Old 10-16-2013, 01:35 PM
SaskNeon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog/Daytime Lights

Hey guys.
I had a while ago the problem, that the contact and the plastic socket of the fog lights inside the Methode 93122 unit was worn out. I took it out, so that the relay stops randomly pulling in and out all the time.

Instead of buying a whole new unit I want to mount a external toggle switch to turn them on.
I can't find any information about how everything is wired. I would like to hook the toggle switch up, so that the fogs work the original way.
Ignition on-Daytime on. Headlights on-Daytime off. Toggle switch on-Fogs on.
BUT, if I add a toggle switch then I run into a problem. With Headlights on and Fogs on (powered by a toggle switch) and I turn off the Headlights the fogs get power from 2 ways. From my toggle and ignition for daytime lights.
I'm not sure if that works, because it seems that there is a mechanical lock in that original arm to prevent a short. The fogs turn off when I turn the headlights off.

Any ideas?

Old 10-23-2013, 06:36 PM
Diggz09
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 03, and had problems with my Relay, so I just put mine on a switch and put a switch in the dash kind of hidden. Just get some wiring, and a switch. Take the fogs out and hook the wiring onto bit of the old wiring, then run power to positive on battery and negative to negative and run the wires to the switch. That way you can turn the fogs on whenever you'd like. Just make sure to take out the fuse too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fog/Daytime Lights