2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

I need technical information!! please!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 10:54 PM
frankarnone70
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post I need technical information!! please!

Ok thanks for reading. . Alright on a A604 41 te transmission has one retaining bearing and one extension housing. There both bolted on the transmission where the axles go in. I've heard the drivers side retainer actually holds the ring and pinion in place. So if I take out the extension housing the pinion will still be held by the retainer.

I was really wanting info on why my extension housing does not stick out of the transmission?
The ones I've seen are like the manual trans extension housing mines not what's different? Other then probably half shafts

I have seen post on other people replacing the drivers side axle seal and taking the retainer bearing. ( the one with 6 bolts ) then put the seal in that way. Would that drop the ring and pinion down?? My small leak is where the extension housing meats the transmission. As far of research I've done so far. I can take out the extension housing and the ring and pinion wont fall out?? Ring and pinion wont come out till Both housings are out??

Any thoughts thanks

Last edited by frankarnone70; 10-17-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:57 PM
frankarnone70
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured it out from a CHRYSLER a604 41te transmission rebuild pdf.

Quick Reply: I need technical information!! please!