2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

So my car finally runs but doesn't move

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 05:39 AM
thisdamnneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question So my car finally runs but doesn't move

I did a complete rebuild on my engine for my 05 neon. The thing sounds amazing when I start it. I mated it to the automatic transmission and dropped it into my car then made sure everything was reconnected. Its on jack stands so I put the car in neutral, spin one wheel and the other one spins in the opposite direction so I know the axles are connected. I did drain it when I took it out so I filled it with 4 quarts of ATF+4 through the dipstick. I didn't change the transmission oil filter though, I just ordered that today and ill do it when it gets here. Anyways I filled that sucker up and took it through every gear several times. I put it in reverse and nothing happens. The reverse lights come on but it doesn't budge. When I put it in drive it does make the tires spin but for only a few seconds and hitting the gas does nothing to control how fast they spin. This only works once, putting it in park then back into drive wont do anything after the first try. 3,2,1 do nothing at all and neutral seems to work because I cant free spin the tires if it isn't in that gear. Now here's the thing. When I dropped my radiator back in one of the transmission lines wouldn't screw into place. For some reason its missing the threads on the radiator. So I just jammed it into place as best as I could. Nothing leaked at first, then when I had my car running for a few minutes (at this point I had only been running my car for 30 second intervals max) some coolant started leaking out by the transmission line hole. I drained it, ordered a new radiator, and am waiting on it to get here. The thing I wanted to point out is that no transmission fluid was pouring out of that hole when I pulled the line back out. It was dry. My dipstick says its full. Can anyone give me some input as to what I broke so I can fix it? I really hate taking the bus to work.

Quick Reply: So my car finally runs but doesn't move