2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

2003 Dodge Neon

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 09:09 AM
mssobossy0033
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Dodge Neon

Hello,

I have a 2003 Dodge Neon, it's not a new car, obviously, I bought it used. I haven't had any issues with it so far and I have only had it for about a month now. The car does have a lot of miles on it but it's in pretty good condition, runs great....until this morning. I went to start my car and it would not start. It made this weird sound and after calling my boyfriend he said it might be my battery or my starter. I turned on the lights to my car and they came on so my question is could it still be my battery? He also said I might not need a new starter my starter might just be frozen....what can I do about that???? Clearly I know nothing so please help!

Old 11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
richards83
Professional
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it could still be the battery. It doesn't take nearly as much amperage to operate the lights as it does to turn the starter. The first sign of cold weather is normally when you find out you have a weak battery. We might be able to better help you if you can be more specific about the "weird sound". Was it a clicking sound, or something else?

Quick Reply: 2003 Dodge Neon