2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

05 base model grille replacement

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 01:23 AM
daksnbeers
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 05 base model grille replacement

So my brother has a 05 base model neon. He always backs into spots at his work. He works at a department store and came out one day to discover his grill was damaged. My guess is some geezer backed into it and either didn't notice or just took off. So anyway do I have to remove the front bumper to replace the mesh inserts or can I pop off the chrome trim and get it from there. Amazingly nothing else was damaged except one section of the mesh almost looks like someone kicked it in.

Removing the bumper might prove beneficial anyway he has a rouge coolant drip I can see in his engine bay enough to find doesn't look like any hoses. Its coming from the front left of the motor in that area if anyone knows this to be common.

Thanks for any insight.

-daksnbeers.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:28 AM
JoseyWales
Rookie

what left side? you looking at the engine or when you sitting in the drivers seat..could be the raideator ..but all check the over flow line from the raideator,there know to crack..if not get ready to do a timming belt and water pump replacement..

Old 12-07-2013, 06:22 AM
earlyre
Professional

those "mesh inserts" are all one piece, with the stud holding the emblem running through it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2005-Do...3a8301&vxp=mtr

off with the bumper!

Attached Thumbnails 05 base model grille replacement-400-171182.jpg  

Last edited by earlyre; 12-07-2013 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:37 AM
daksnbeers
Professional

@earlyre thanks. I figured it was.

@josey its the front left of the motor. The passenger side in the front of the engine bay. His timing belt snapped on him at exactly the 105k it suggest to change it (good call dodge) of course I didn't read into that until after it happened. He had the belt, water pump, engine mount replaced from a shop when this happened in may I believe. If its the water pump id be surprised but i guess it could of pushed the gasket out. If this is the case I'm sure the shop will replace the gasket for free. My family has used it for years and the owner is a real good guy.

Quick Reply: 05 base model grille replacement